Materials & Care
We are committed to using only the highest quality materials so your favourite jewellery pieces will last longer.
- Ivy and Lula pieces are all 18 karat gold vermeil
- Gold vermeil (pronounced ver-may) pieces have a layer of 1 to 2.5 microns of gold plating on a solid sterling silver base
- Not be confused with regular gold plating, gold vermeil is up to 10x thicker than plating and gives a longer lasting colour if cared for correctly.
- Our silver is 925 sterling silver, which is an alloy made of 92.5% pure Silver and 7.5% Copper.
- The silver is treated to make it less prone to tarnishing and to provide extra shine and durability.
- Before exercising, showering, swimming or applying any lotions and perfumes, remove your vermeil jewellery.
- Clean your pieces by buffing gently with a soft and dry cotton or microfibre cloth
- Store your jewellery in the soft jewellery pouch we gift you with your purchase.
- Heat and humidity will cause gold vermeil pieces to tarnish more quickly, so we recommend you store you pieces in a dry and cool place.
- Make sure you store your jewellery pieces separately, so that they don’t scratch or tangle.
- Avoid using heavy chemical cleaners like brasso that can strip the gold finish.
Over time, gold vermeil can fade. From time to time dirt and grease can build up in your pieces. This may vary depending on how you look after your jewellery. We offer a re-plating and cleaning service. Please email us for a quote on firstname.lastname@example.org.